Sunday, May 8, 2011

Random Thoughts on Mom

The ranch hand only heard his sainted Mom cuss one time in his life

Back in younger days, yours truly decided to seine some trotline bait out of a small tank on Uncle Charlie's place. For the only time in memory, Mom agreed to pull the opposite end of the seine for me. With the first pull thru the mud hole, we drug out the biggest loggerhead turtle in East Texas.... and it was furious for the disturbance. As it ran at Mom with its snapping jaws sounding like gun shots, Mom began to yell, "SHIT, SHIT, SHIT"....nuff said

Mom made our clothes for years and the love she put in that labor was awesome. The fabric was essentially "free" as it came from the chicken feed sacks collected from donors. Mom made the girls dresses and the ole fat boy shirts and underwear. She had a fancy doodad on her Singer sewing machine to make button holes and such and no doubt had patterns galore. We didn't know any different way and we were country proud of them duds.

Mom was an awesome house cleaner...the floors were old boards, but she would scrub them puppies til ya could eat off them if need be....everything was always picked up...and the kitchen was spotless after every meal...

I could go on all day about the warm memories of Mom, but let it suffice to say she was near bout the most perfect person I have ever known....kind in word and deed to all....loving without reservation during all circumstances with her family...and a singularly beautiful part of my life.

I love and miss you more than you can ever know sweet lady.

1 comment:

glnroz said...

I think Frankie,,,that you and I were very lucky folks, a'growin' up. I don't remember your Mom, but I think we all see some of her in you...