Monday, March 10, 2008

THE DASH

Tombstones indicate the date of birth and date of death as: month/day/year - month/day/year.

I heard someone say one time that its all about the "dash" (-). Not when you were born. Not when you expired, but the "dash" in between.

Another words, did we "carpe diem" or did the "diem" "carpe" us?

I try upon awakening each day to think about how I can best use the gift of another day upright? My goal is normally to reach the end of the day and hopefully feel that by my own personal measure I caused the day to be meaningful. By taking life one day at a time, I hope that at the end of the month, year, or life, I will have attained the goal of a meaningful existence.

I'm confident that I have mortally wasted some days and I'm confident I have hit a few home runs. But in the long run, I think the "dash" is working out OK.

No comments: