Friday, October 17, 2008

Family, Faith, and FRIENDS

Friends: Iffen you is one, button up your bullitt proof vest, cross your laigs, and just weather the following storm.

I been cogitatin' this week bout my "friends". Mostly bout what they might have in common (and how the hell I have such magnificent privilege of their occasional company?).

I ain't talkin' bout beer suckin', Sunday only, drugstore friends; I'm talkin' cover your back, eliminate your enemies, gooder'n snuff and half as dusty, strong as a garlic milkshake, friends til you die "friends".

Yeah, I know, the best sermons is lived, not preached.

My soul buddies all seem to have rhinoceros hide, screw the world, bear breath, gonna "say what they think" kinda attitudes. They are redneck, conservative, all day, every day, manly tougher than a two dollar steak, right is right, and the rest of the world be damned, flag waving, rough-ass, patriot, sons-of-beloved-mothers that they respect eternally. They would wear a pair of pork chop panties and run thru a lion's den grinning bout the thrill. They share my heart felt philosophy that if you so much as touch the people I love, I will rip off your head and shit down your neck with the most cruel pleasure you can imagine.

If you knew my friends like I know my friends, all of the above would be obvious. If you walked in my shoes a spell, there are other things that you might never surmise.

These incredibly durable, strong, stare a hole in your soul men, all have a huge heart below their armadillo armor and a tender spot for wives, family, children and their Lord and Savior that forms the base of their character and loyalty to friends.

This ain't pissy-ass sentiment, senile dribble, or a concession to the liberal butt world that is consuming the obvious passion of those looking for a free lunch.

It is simply a statement to commemorate my appreciation for the MEN I have had the privilege of knowing who have kept the faith of character, honor, loyalty, and doing the right things for the right reasons, at the right time, every time, no matter the circumstances or challenge.

Gentlemen, I salute you with the most humble posture imaginable.

You are my wealth.

No comments: