Friday, November 14, 2008

Rented Mules

Some folks would lead ya to believe that purgatory is an intermediate state after death employed for purification.

I tend to support the Catholic version that portrays purgatory as a temporary state of misery. This isn't a statement of religious belief on my part. It is more a personal quagmire I have endured since long before dawn this morning.

My self-diagnosis is that I have the "flu". Regardless, it has been a day of hades induced perdition that early on led me to pray to my Lord and Savior for His healing hand for my body and soul.

Now before you start jawin' about me gettin' soft in my dotage, consider the following:

I feel like if I fell into a pond, I could skim off miserable for a week.

I feel like a basket of rear ends with the best ones already picked out and my muscles feel like I was beat with a sack of bent nickels.

I swear I ran a 40 yard dash in a 30 yard gym last night because my bones, eyes, hair, and brain are swollen and aching.

Now for the good part. I only had the "dry heaves" for four hours and the diarrhea should dissipate in a few days (or not?).

Now I know how rented mules must feel after a week with no-accounts.

No comments: