Saturday, January 12, 2008

The Bucket List

There is a new movie out with Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman that everyone should watch that is called, "The Bucket List" (referring to things to do before you kick the bucket or die).

Being my day of birth celebration, I figgered I might try my hand at such a list to include matters of the heart as well as the grandiose, trivial, and sublime (in no particular order of importance):

1. At a time of their choosing, talk through and resolve any and all issues, concerns, wounds, warts, or feathers that might exist between me and my children in order to work toward the best possible paternal relationship.

2. Maximize my time with my grandchildren so that we can know each other as well as possible.

3. Become the best possible husband to my beautiful bride.

4. Build and rejoice in a house on the Tin Star Ranch.

5. Acquire a gasoline engine welding outfit and learn to use it proficiently.

6. Start fishing again (dang I used to love fishing like nothing else).

7. Make a wooden rocking chair that is strong, comfortable and aesthetically pleasing.

8. Own and drive a 1953 Chevy pickup like my Dad had for so long.

9. Build a bar b que pit and learn to cook awesome pork ribs.

10. Find the most peaceful, relaxing place ever imagined, sit back and get in rhythm with that place, and take pleasure in the soothing comfort for as long as possible.

11. In some manner, figger out how to repay an enormous debt of gratitude to my Lord and Savior for the awesome life I have been privileged to live to date.

No comments: