Sunday, January 20, 2008

A DADDY'S LOVE

For reasons I can't begin to fathom, I have spent a lot of time lately thinking about how incredibly fortunate I have been in my life to experience wonderful family, interesting challenges, and a sense of accomplishment.

It hasn't all been a "bed of roses". I have disappointed myself and all who love me more times than I would ever care to recall, but through it all, I have retained my sense of self worth and tried to maintain true values. Trying to do the right thing for the right reasons at the right time, every damn time.

Some times I wish I could start over with the knowledge of life that I now have based on inevitable mistakes, poor decisions and just plain dumass. Cain't be done.

I just have to go on with life, warts-guts-and feathers, and forgive myself as my Lord Jesus forgives me (He is likely more forgiving than I as I tend to be pretty hard on myself?)

Regardless, as my family, just know that your love and life is the complete and total focus of my existence at this point and that your lives have made my brief visit in this world completely justified.

All my love to my children and my dear sweet loving wife.

No comments: