Sunday, April 6, 2008

SILENCE

My beautiful young bride flew to Lubbock this weekend for a visit with the baby girl at Texas Tech. I love that woman with all my heart and soul and miss her every minute.

But it's confession time.

I am with people so much that I sometimes forget what it is like to be alone and just enjoy the silence. Alone with my thoughts, alone with my emotions, just alone. And, just between us: I highly recommend it on occasion.

This weekend I intentionally avoided human contact/communication. After two days with no homo sapien interaction, I feel that I have accomplished a significant amount of:

1. Talking out loud to myself
2. Flipping the TV channel changer until it is near "smooth mouth" (dad's phrase) worn out
3. Naps
4, Snacking

Best of all, I have won all arguments, got my own way in every case, and got to pick the menu at every meal.

OK, enough of being the lord and master of all I survey, I'm ready for M to come back home.

No comments: