Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Tough Enough

When we started the new bunkhouse, I reared on my hind legs and roared in a manly fashion that I would make all major decisions. I followed that edict with the DEMAND that the house have a floor, four walls, and a roof. I graciously have allowed the wife to make all the "minor" decisions since that time.

Until today?

Thinking it might be time to again assert my obvious "authority" as head of the household, I announced I would begin participating in specification decision meetings.

Don't know why I didn't just whop my toe with a hammer instead?

We spent TWO HOURS this morning choosing fricken grout color for the backsplash tile!!!!!!!!!!! By the end of thirty minutes, I worked up a marvelous twitch. At the end of an hour my nerves began to crumble into idle bits of static electricity. At 90 minutes I started wishin' I had a dawg so I could kick it! Before we left I was droolin' spit down my shirt and onto my shoes?

Rest assured that I am now properly meek and silent regarding all future house building decisions. I just ain't tough enough to carry that load.

No comments: