Thursday, April 16, 2009

Drawer Wads

OK sports fans, we are off to the races with the latest edition of the zip code wars at full tilt.

With the sad demise of the Andice post office, the old ranch had to once again change his address with the world at large.

I always like to tackle Goliath first so I called the vendor for the only credit card I own. I gave Andre my info including the new zip code for the rural mail box planted at my front gate. Andre informed me that was NOT my zip code cuz the government provided software he was using says otherwise.

I told brother Andre that I wasn't sure what country he was from, but in my country the zip for the town for my mail delivery was what I gave him. Nope, if the government says so, that's the way it is. (the conversation sorta started a downhill slide from this point?)

While talking thru somewhat clenched teeth I 'splained that I have worked for the damn gov-mint for 40 years and he could take my word for it that "they" ain't always right. Andre countered that it didn't matter because the zip put in by the machine couldn't be changed.

Then we sashayed toward the "everybody got a boss" routine so "let me talk to your boss". As Andre's boss began to read from the same script, I realized that spit was starting to drip off my phone due to the fiery saliva running out the corners of my mouth.

Next I 'splained my conviction that the credit card company wanted the bill paid on occasion and a reasonable person would assume that I would need to receive the bill in order to remit. Same bull shit answer????????

OK, "Who is your boss?" Got put on hold a bit and the second dummy comes back on the line and says his boss "over rode" the software and put in the zip code I requested.

As an extension of the olive branch, I stated that I realized that software programming mistakes do occur. The reply, "We aren't saying there was a mistake, we are just changing the zip to please you."

Well, I must have said at least forty more words before I realized the bastard had hung up on me?

Why is it always the small stuff in life that gets your drawers in a wad the most?

No comments: