Tuesday, April 21, 2009

LAST

Being last ain't always a bad thing.

After the umpteenth gozillion time my bride mentioned I was the last person on earth to not have a debit card, I finally relented. Overall, it has been a positive experience, but every day I learn some new nuance as to the way vendors "manipulate" my account. The bottom line has been correct, it just takes me a spell to figger out the details/timing of a purchase related to my checking account balance?

Today I ordered a digital camera (yeah, likely the last person in America to have one?)

If the hype is correct, this puppy will be at least ten times smarter than the ole ranch hand. At brief listing of its advertised virtues include:
  1. Blink warning (How do it know that someone blinked during a pic????)
  2. Smile mode (automatically snaps the shutter when your subject smiles) This I gotta see?
  3. Face priority (automatically focuses on the faces in a group photo) Now if it could purty them up, that would be magic.
  4. Shoots 15 pics per second and out of each 10 pics tells you which is the best photo. (I naturally assume that means all pics of the mom-law will be rejected?)
  5. Detects motion and adjusts the shutter speed accordingly. (hopefully this includes shaky hands?)
  6. Includes a 24X lens that will focus from .4 cm to 5000 meters (hell, I ain't been able to see that far since Moby Dick was a minnow)
  7. Fetches col' beer, pops the top, and adds just a dash of salt.

Aw, I was just kiddin' bout that last part, but I ain't kiddin' that this is likely my last camera purchase ever?

No comments: