Friday, June 5, 2009

All God's Creatures

And God made all the animals...and God saw it was good. (Genesis 1:25)

There are special moments on the Tin Star that neither love nor money could buy.

Today I was watching a doe at the East feeder about 110 yards from the back porch. The varmit sated its dried corn desire and moseyed to the adjacent protein block to lick the rough molasses flavored mass.

After ingesting 18% protein conglomeration, the obviously pregnant doe started to amble....toward me.

At 25 yards, I figgered it would panic and flee to cover like Lucifer was devouring its tail.

At five yards, I thought....OK, I'm dreamin'.

As the forest ruminant stopped at the bottom step of the porch, the experience became as unique as only nature can provide.

We stared unblinkingly into each other's brown eyes, wondering at the oddity of the moment....and then my blessed companion abruptly fled to the near brush.

Such are the blessings of our Lord and Savior.

No comments: