Sunday, March 29, 2009

Thelda

On occasion, I contemplate what my deceased parents reaction would be to the Tin Star Ranch.

I most often think of Dad when I am outside working on the land in any way. There has been any number of times that I have sat down on a stump and looked to the sky while talking aloud to Dad. I am convinced he is with me spiritually and takes deep satisfaction in my appreciation of our property.

I more often think of Mother (Thelda) in relation to what her reaction might be to our new home.

Sweet Bill tells a story that deeply touches my heart. Seems that after returning from my mom's funeral, Bill was in her yard and was visited by a beautiful humming bird. Feeling the spirit of my mom in that delicate gift, Bill addressed the visitor by saying, "Hello Thelda".

This morning when I opened the garage door, I was blessed by a stunning hummingbird flying in and hovering over me for about five minutes. After my precious visitor departed, I decided to memorialize by blogging in my office.

As I sat contemplating the solemnity of the moment, the hummingbird appeared outside my office window, hovered a moment looking through the glass, seemed to nod, and then disappeared into the blue of the morning sky.

I thank Sweet Bill for sharing her memories of my Mother, but I thank my Lord and Savior for the blessing of his creation of all things beautiful and for the incredible blessing of Thelda and all that her memory provides.

No comments: