Tuesday, July 29, 2008

LUCILLE DAWN

This year as I celebrate the birth of Jesus, the ole ranch hand will be as eagerly awaiting/celebrating the arrival of Lucille Dawn (grandbaby #6).

Wish I could see what she will see in her life. In my life I have witnessed the advent of computers, the internet, cell phones, and space travel. I'm not sure my feeble mind could comprehend the technological advances during her tenure.

Wish I could know how she will live life, her education, her occupation, and most of all, her children. I don't want to live forever, but how neat would it be to know so much about my grandbabies and their babies.

Wish I could always be there to battle her enemies, heal her hurts, mentor her achievements, and tell her fascinating stories. (I've told the "fascinating" stories enough to my kids that likely they can repeat them after my demise)

Wish I could impart to her the secret to meaningful relationships, lifelong passion for life, and everlasting joy, but I suspect that information is unique to every living soul.

Wish I could, by the grace of God, be a small part of her life that makes a positive difference.

I love you more than you can ever know, Lucy, and it shall always be so.

No comments: