Thursday, January 8, 2009

My New Year List

Roo asked if I had made a New Year "resolution". I have, but chose to not make my resolution public.

As a consolation prize, I decided to publicize my New Year "mom-law list":

1. Sojourns with in-laws and eternal damnation can be indistinguishable.

2. No amount of prayer will shorten the County Road 207 "to do" list.

3. Never take for granted peace, quiet, and solitude.

4. To value listening rather than talking is a sainted virtue.

5. Income/debt ratios have no relationship to travel/vacation frequency.

6. Church attendance appears to foster blasphemy on occasion.

7. God never harbors grudges, Nana invented them.

8. Trivia triumphs over truth, if it is convenient.

9. List makers fervently pray blog readers maintain confidentiality, pending potential bribe offers.

10. God will forgive me; I'm bettin' mom-laws don't?

No comments: