Saturday, January 3, 2009

ROOTS

The psychology of moving all of your worldly possessions from one location to another can be complex.

We tend to put down deep "roots" if we linger in one location for a sufficient period of time. We raise our families, we rejoice, mourn, celebrate victories, and endure defeats. All of which make our residence a part of our lives and psyche.

The old ranch hand toiled mightily of late to physically lift, tote and store his "stuff" from the house in town to the barn at the ranch. In a couple of months, this ritual will be repeated to move said "stuff" from the barn into the bunkhouse.

I guess my thoughts would include the following:

1. The "stuff"' I have spent a lifetime collecting doesn't make much of a pile when lumped together in a barn.

2. I'm too damn old and fat to do this "moving" thing ever again after this iteration.

3. I can steady feel my new "roots" sinking into the land of the ranch as our new house nears completion.

Life is good and I am proud to live it according to my Lord and Savior's will for as much time as I have left in this world.

No comments: