Thursday, May 28, 2009

Brush Worry

I am not sure if Dad liked to cut back brush, but I do know that he did a heck of a lot of it?

Dad didn't attack it aggressively, he would just "worry" it away. A limb here, a weed there, and at some point, progress. I was often amazed at what a strong, determined man with a machete could accomplish?

Being spring on the Tin Star, the ole ranch hand has been "pecking" at the ever encroaching brush.

Like Dad, there ain't no point in being aggressive about it because there is more brush than there is me, and it will just grow back with a vengeance. Ain't no doubt, Dad would be envious of my "machinery" (if not thinking I was stoopid for the price paid?). But just the same, man and brush marches onward.

I reckon I just have to take solace in the process as the "brush" space decreases, and the "open" space increases (for the moment).

The ranch hand ain't no where sure that is progress, but Bubba would likely take a "taste" of it if available on his acreage?

No prob B, just keep "pecking" at it and sooner or later you will "worry" it to the fence line (until next spring?).

No comments: