Friday, May 15, 2009

The Dance

Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared beneath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right.

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end
The way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance
I could have missed the pain
But I'd have had to miss the dance.

Garth Brooks, 1990

The ranch hand was lolly gaggin' on the back porch yesterday bout 7:30 snappin' polaroids of deer at the corn feeder.

There were three or four of the forest ruminants munchin' at the buffet when a newcomer sayshayed up to the table. The largest of the bucks took a run at the outsider a time or two, but he wasn't shy enough to take the hint.

All the sudden, the two combatants reared up on their hind legs and commenced to "dancing" around like crazy while poking their front hooves in each other's face like the Thrilla in Manila?

After circlin' bout twice they dropped down and returned to some serious grocery consumption.

Naturally it happened so fast and was so astonishing that I suffered the "pain" of not getting a single frame on the camera.

What the hell, I didn't "miss the dance"!

No comments: