Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Voice of Praise

A long time buddy has been trying for a couple of years to get my sorry butt to come to one of his son-law's Christian music concerts. Being a confirmed daily sinner, I hem-hawed and made worthless excuses ad infinitum; until yesterday.

Last night I attended a David Phelps concert at Baylor University and experienced a soul satisfying glorification of God through the incredible talent of the son-law. I confess I had no idea that such a soothing form of worship could evolve from a public performance of singing praise.

I thank my buddy and his beautiful bride for the courtesy and privilege of the evening. Equally important, I thank my Lord and Savior for revealing this form of worship at a time in my life that I could most benefit from it.

No comments: