Tuesday, December 23, 2008

The Winner

Tomorrow is Christmas eve. A special time by any standard in the christian world.

The ranch hand's plan is to ease onto the ranch before daylight and "injun" into the woods in order to silently ascend the deer/buck/trophy acquisition device (hunting stand).

I have plotted the weather, tested the wind, carefully tracked all relevant factors, and generally placed all odds in my hunting favor.

Only thing, the dang deer don't seem to unnerstan my plan. Yeah, I have collected three of the forest ruminates this season, but I am unfathomably greedy.

Tomorrow, the trophy of all trophies shall be mine. Ole horned grandad will walk from the brush, present a side profile, and become a part of the increasing legend of the Tin Star Ranch.

Or I will do my usual and just marvel at the glory of the land, sky, and assorted wildlife. Either way, I win.

Ya gotta love it!

No comments: