Sunday, August 17, 2008

MY BEST FRIEND

My bride is a special being. At once delicate, in a moment ethereal, more often mysterious (at least to her husband).

The true love of a woman is precious and rare. To attempt to describe it would be pointless, to try to manufacture it would be futile, to ignore it would be plain stupid.

Fully describing why I love my bride so overwhelmingly would be an impossible task. I think, however, that a part of the explanation can be found in her professional endeavors. Last Friday, the woman I love completed 25 years of government service and thus begins her well deserved reward (retirement).

Consider the following:

1. All who have known her throughout her career have marveled at the depth and hilarity of her special sense of humor.

2. She has been known by all in her workplace throughout her career, as ever fashionable, while remaining the essence of feminine beauty for every occasion.

3. She has remained forever honest, ethical, dedicated, and reliable.

4. She is smart, perceptive, hard working, and has been a valued member of any team.

Likely, country singer Don Williams said it best in one of his songs:

You're my bread when I'm hungry
You're my shelter from troubled winds
You're my anchor in life's ocean
But most of all, you're my best friend

I LOVE YOU SMOKY!

No comments: