Sunday, August 24, 2008

SIMPLE PLEASURE

Yesterday I put 350 pounds of additional corn in my TSR deer feeders. I also put out a couple of protein blocks for the nutritional advantage of my "pet" deer.

A few days ago I blogged about the pleasure of the "process" of deer hunting. I reckon I am in that same vein as I truly enjoy the "process" of venison season.

I have hunted on the ranch for four seasons. I have taken one shot that harvested a nine point buck to display on my office wall. I have enjoyed the voyeur perspective of watching hundreds of deer traversing my special paradise as I gave no thought of bustin' the primer on a shell.

I humbly acknowledge that I have no words for the simplistic joy of the "process" of deer "hunting".

I simply aver that I find it soul satisfying, basic to the nature of man, and a pleasure that might rival any other for its fortitude to my sense of well being.

No comments: