Saturday, August 30, 2008

SURGEON OR BUTCHER?

An artist often faces a taunting blank canvas while yearning to evolve artistry for future beholders.

An artist I ain't. I have, however, spent the last three or four Saturdays "whacking" on the trees in my front yard. I'd like to think I have created a landscape masterpiece. My perfect yard image includes woven threads of color, composition, and dimension of true curb appeal. Imagine an arboreal wonderland. More likely I have created a likeness to the butcher job haircuts I used to get for 50 cents in Wright City????

I can testify that the immediate result has been that one old fat ranch hand has tuckered himself to the point of exhaustion while wielding the saw and dragging the limbs to a pile. Yeah, I know, when ya wallow with pigs ya gotta expect to get dirty, but this project has got had me busier that a borrowed mule?

Besides that, a tree is kinda like a milk cow, they don't stay milked. Them dang limbs will start growing next spring like a linebacker on steroids and to some extent, I will have it to do over again?

I reckon evaluation of the artistic aspect of my labors must be left to others less emotionally involved in the process.

No comments: